The Preferences screen is where you can update your profile information and choose your options. The screen is broken up into different areas. Click the 'View All' link to show all of these areas at the same time on a long scrolling page.
- This is where you set your name, e-mail address and other personal information.
- General Settings
- This is where you set most of your Tasks options. Take a good look through the settings here.
- iCalendar & RSS Settings
- This is where you set the behavior of your iCalendar (what date range to include, etc.) and RSS options.
- Blog Posting Settings
- If you want to post to blog from Tasks, this is where you configure those options.
- Enter your name in this field. (required)
- E-mail Address
- Enter the e-mail address where you want receive notifications and reminders in this field.
- Web Site
- If you have a web site, you can enter it in this field.
- Phone Number
- If you want your phone number to be available to your other group members, you can enter it in this field.
- Change Password
- If you want to change your password, click the 'Change Password' link and the link will be replaced with two password fields. If you want to change your password, enter the new password into both fields and press the Save Button.
- Sort Order on Home Screen
- This is the default order your tasks are sorted in on the Home Screen.
- Levels to show expanded on the Home screen
- You can choose to auto-expand the root tasks if you like. Note that the more levels you expand, the longer it will take for your Home Screen to render.
- Sort Order in Tree View
- This is the default order your tasks are sorted in when using the Tree View.
- Tags display
- Option to always show task tags in lists and the tree view, or to only show tags if they exist for the task and show a Edit Tag icon when you move the mouse over the task or note.
- Date Format
- The date display is very flexible to allow for everyone to see dates in the format they are most comfortable with. You can use any seperators (or combination of seperators) you like, placing the 'y' (year), 'm' (month) and 'd' (day) where you want to see them. Examples: 'm/d/y', 'y-m-d', 'm.y.d'.
- Show relative dates as
- This allows you to see the date due for tasks due in the next week as the day the task is due (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) or the number of days from now that the task is due (1 day, 2 days, etc.).
- Months in date chooser
- Choose the number of months you want to see at once in the date chooser (1-4). The default is 3.
- Days in advance to show in 'Upcoming'
- Choose the number of days in advance you want to tasks to show up on the Upcoming Tasks Screen. The default is 7.
- Color Theme
- Set this to the color theme you want to use.
- Font Size
- Set this to the font size you want to use.
- Receive daily e-mail task reminders
- If enabled in Server Settings, you can check this box to receive daily e-mail reminders of your overdue, due and high priority tasks.
- Don't send empty daily e-mail reminders
- Check this box if you only want to receive daily e-mail reminders when there are upcoming, overdue or high priority tasks that will be listed in the e-mail.
- Enable Favorites
- Check this box if you want to be able to flag tasks as Favorites.
- Remember displayed sub-tasks/notes
- Check this box if you want tasks and notes that you've expanded to stay expanded until you close them again in the Tree View.
- Update the breadcrumbs as you type
- Check this box if you want the Breadcrumbs to update as you change the title of your new task or note. In some browsers this causes slow key response and breaks with double-byte characters.
- Enable fixed-width font option for notes field
- Check this box if you will be entering tasks or notes that you need to format using a fixed width font.
- Show deleted tasks in History
- check this box if you want to see deleted tasks on the History Screen.
- Server time difference
- If you are in a different time zone than your web server, set this to the number of hours ahead or behind you are. If you are ahead the number will be positive 3, if you are behind the number will be negative -2
- This is the language you will use for the main interface of Tasks as well as e-mail reminders, RSS feeds, etc.
- Language for PDA/Mobile Version
- Some people need to use a different language for their mobile phone or PDA browsing (example: Japanese cell phones use Shift JIS). For most people, this will match the Language setting.
iCalendar & RSS Settings
- Show iCalendar Links
- Check this box if you want to show links to the Tasks iCalendars for users, groups and tasks.
- Enable PHP iCalendar
- Check this box if you want to be able to open your tasks iCalendar in PHP iCalendar by clicking the Calendar Button the Sidebar.
- Include tasks with no due date
- Check this box if you want to include un-dated tasks as VTODO items in your iCalendar.
- iCalendar export type
- Choose VEVENT (all day event) or VTODO (to-do item) as the format you want to use for tasks with due dates in your iCalendars.
- Previous days
- This is the number of days before the current date to include in in the iCalendar export. The default is 30. There is no limit as to how large this number can be but the larger the range is that you export, the longer it will take.
- Future days
- This is the number of days after the current date to include in in the iCalendar export. The default is 90. There is no limit as to how large this number can be but the larger the range is that you export, the longer it will take.
- Show RSS Links
- Check this box if you want to show links to the Tasks RSS Feeds for users, groups and tasks.
- Number of tasks to include in each RSS feed:
- This sets a limit on how many tasks are included in the RSS feeds.
Blog Posting Settings
If you are not going to post to a blog from Tasks, you can ignore these settings.
- Enable HTML Tags toolbar
- Check this box if you want the HTML Tags toolbar to be enabled for the Notes area of a task/note.
These next settings are used to communicate with WordPress.
- Enable posting to a WordPress blog
- Check this box to enable posting to WordPress from Tasks.
- WordPress Bookmarklet URL
- Set this to URL of bookmarklet.php in your wp-admin directory. For example: http://www.example.com/wordpress/wp-admin/bookmarklet.php.
These next settings are used to communicate with Moveable Type.
- Enable posting to a Moveable Type blog
- Check this box to enable posting to Moveable Type from Tasks.
- Moveable Type Bookmarklet URL
- Set this to URL of your Moveable Type bookmarklet. For example: http://www.example.com/mt/mt.cgi.
These next settings are used to communicate with Drupal.
- Enable posting to a Drupal blog
- Check this box to enable posting to Drupal from Tasks.
- Drupal Bookmarklet URL
- Set this to URL of your Drupal bookmarklet. For example: http://www.example.com/node/add/blog.
These next settings are used to communicate with Blogger.
- Enable posting to a Blogger blog
- Check this box to enable posting to Blogger from Tasks.
These next settings are used to communicate with Live Journal.
- Enable posting to a Live Journal blog
- Check this box to enable posting to Live Journal from Tasks.
These next settings are used to communicate with b2.
- Enable posting to a b2 blog
- Check this box to enable posting to b2 from Tasks.
- b2tasks_post.php URL
- Set this to URL of b2tasks_post.php in your b2 directory. For example: http://www.example.com/b2/b2tasks_post.php.