When you have set up PHP and MySQL, you need to create a database and put your database settings in the database.inc.php file.
The Install Script will NOT create the database.
You can create a new database or use an existing database. Enter the database settings in the
- $database->database_type - set this to your database type. Supported values are mysql, postgres7, mssql. (Note: PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server are unofficially supported in version 1.6)
- $database->server - set this to your database server's name/IP address. Most of the time you can use localhost.
- $database->database_name - set this to the name of your database, for example tasks.
- $database->username - set this to the username you connect to the database with. This user must be able to create tables for the install script to work.
- $database->password - set this to the password you connect to the database with.
$table_prefix - set this to the prefix you want your database tables to use, the default is 'tp_'.
If you use the default prefix 'tp_', your tables will be named:
If you leave $table_prefix blank (''), your tables will be named as follows: