Posted 6 years ago by Rona Kilmer
We're excited to have worked with the team at Exitround on their website and blog. Knowing we were WordPress experts, Jacob approached Crowd Favorite looking for a little bit of assistance with the blog. He wanted help creating a great reading experience as Exitround started to focus on publishing more original content.
We proposed a number of changes to make sharing easier, commenting simpler, and create an improved visual impression for new visitors. These improvements included:
Social improvements included:
- adding the Social plugin to make broadcasting to social networks easy and, more importantly, to pull in comments about the posts happening on social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- adding attractive author biographies at the top of the page to help spotlight guest contributors, their backgrounds and their experience
- introducing the ability for the Exitround team to hand-pick “featured” posts to appear at the top of the home page (very much like in the FavePersonal WordPress theme)
- creating a dead-simple connect/subscribe widget to help visitors get the latest updates from the blog
- leveraging the JetPack plugin to add social sharing to posts and Twitter's “tweet button” to add a one-click feature to tip Techmeme about a story
- leading an internal ‘design review' meeting with our entire design and front-end development team
- identifying, reviewing and then implementing a number of fairly simple style improvements to help with layout, spacing, consistency, typography, and much more
Design improvements included:
- adding a section where featured posts could draw more interest
- spacing adjustments throughout to make the layout more breathable
- font size and leading tweaks to optimize readability
- including the Exitround green to draw more attention to the navigation bar and featured posts
Overall, this process improved not just the blog's look, feel, and functionality, but also the entirety of the website's design vocabulary and appeal.
Who is Crowd Favorite?
Crowd Favorite builds high-end digital solutions for medium- and enterprise-level companies around the world, with particular expertise in digital design, web development, mobile development, and systems integration. Past clients include Walmart, Sony, Yahoo, Miramax, National Geographic, Nike, BMW, Microsoft, and many others.